- garlic – 2 cloves, finely minced
- yellow onion – 1 finely diced
- extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
- kosher salt – to taste
- vegetable stock – 2 cups
- cauliflower – 1 head, roughly chopped
- bay leaf – 1
- diced fire roasted tomatoes with juice – 1 can (15 oz)
- oregano – ½ tsp
- chili powder – 2 tsp
- pimenton (spanish paprika) – 1 tsp
- cumin – 1 tsp
- maple sugar – 1 tsp
- gravy master (optional; contains soy) – ½ tsp
Heat large pan over medium-high heat. Add in evoo, onion, pinch of salt. The salt helps draw the moisture out of the onion. Once the onion starts to brown, stir, reduce heat to medium, add garlic. Cook for a couple more minutes, then add veg stock, then cauliflower. Next, add bay leaf, diced tomatoes, oregano, chili powder, pimenton, cumin, maple sugar, pinch of salt, and gravy master.
After this starts to boil, turn heat down to low. Cover, let simmer.
Now is a good time to take a little break, maybe check out our Instagram page!
Simmer the cauliflower blend for 20-30 minutes until the cauliflower is as tender as you like. Uncover and simmer to cook down the juices some more if you like.
Warm some tortillas, and eat it up!
Good ideas for additional toppings:
avocado, cilantro, sliced radishes, salsa, diced tomatoes, refried beans, shredded cheddar (we used daiya), or whatever else your heart desires!